Cleaning with Care – Our Coronavirus Response
June 15, 2021 – I am writing today to let you know what we at Alberta Carpet & Furnace Cleaning are doing in response to the coronavirus in Edmonton. We are open and taking appointments, with full covid safety measures for the protection of our staff and customers. As a local, family owned business, we appreciate your support!
Additional Safety Measures We Have Added:
- Daily pre-screening of staff, including temperature checks
- Stringent sick policies
- High focus on hand washing and use of hand sanitizer
- Observing physical distancing, and eliminating hand shaking
- Disinfection of equipment, tools and hand held terminals after every cleaning
- Increased frequency of disinfection of vehicle touch points
- Wearing disposable procedure masks in customer homes
Requirements for Cleaning:
Due to the possibility of pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic spread, we are asking our customers to participate in taking extra precautions to ensure the mutual safety of our staff and customers:
- We require our customers and all family members over the age of 9 years old to wear a mask while our staff are present in the home
- We require our customers to restrict their movement in the home to a limited area, away from our staff
- Let us know if anyone in your home is self isolating or quarantined – we will re-schedule your appointment
- Let us know if you or anyone in your home have a cough, fever or respiratory symptoms – we will set your appointment to follow up in 2 weeks to re-schedule
- Let us know if you, or a close contact have travelled outside of the country within the past 14 days – we can re-schedule your appointment to ensure that you can observe the required self-isolation period
- We are asking our customers to provide access to hand washing facilities for our employees while they are in your home
Physical Distancing During Appointments
Our technicians are required to maintain physical distancing through-out your cleaning appointment, and we are working to minimize the number of people our employees are in contact with. We ask that you and any family present at the time of cleaning stay out of the cleaning area while our employees work, and that you not schedule visitors or other service companies to be in your home while we are present.
For your comfort, if you would rather not be present in your home while our staff are cleaning, this can be set up with our office. Our staff are insured, bondable, and background checked and clean for many customers while they are not home.
Current COVID-19 Situation in Alberta
Safety and the public good continue to be our priorities as we move forward, and we want to re-assure you of what we are doing to maintain a safe environment as we clean in your home. Our core purpose is “We Take Care of People” – now and through the days ahead, we are committed to this purpose.
Alberta Health Services continues to provide frequent updates. We are monitoring information from Alberta Health Services very closely and will adjust our operations as the situation requires.
Current information is available here: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16997.aspx
As per AHS guidelines, our requirements for vaccinated and non-vaccinated customers continue to be the same. For the protection of our staff and customers, all mask, distance, and other health requirements are in effect for customers regardless of immunization status.
Sanitizing/Disinfecting Your Carpets & Ducts
Unfortunately, even at a time like this, there are companies who are willing to take advantage of fear and concern about the virus, and try to sell products with mis-leading information. There are certainly disinfectants available that can be applied to your ducts or to your carpets, however, no product is approved by Health Canada for true disinfection of these surfaces. In both a heating system and on carpeting, coverage and application cannot be controlled to the extent required to confirm disinfection has occurred. Based on information from the World Health Organization and our government about how COVID-19 spreads, applying disinfectant to your ducts or carpets is not a measure we would recommend to protect yourself, or prevent the spread of COVID-19. When it comes to disinfecting your home, your best bet is to focus on high touch surfaces (such as counters, door knobs, light switches, and electronics).
If you or someone in your home has had COVID-19 and you are booking a cleaning following their illness, please inform our office at the time of booking so that we can take all necessary precautions.
We have a favour to ask. If you are unable to clean right now, instead of cancelling, we are asking you allow us to move your appointment 6 to 8 weeks into the future. At that time, we will reach out and re-evaluate, and decide whether to go ahead or to move it further out. This will allow us to prioritize your cleaning when you are ready, and keep Edmontonians working.
We remain committed to providing for your cleaning needs in a safe and caring way, now and into the future.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Alberta Carpet & Furnace Cleaning