Many people wonder how much does a furnace and duct cleaning cost? Furnace and duct cleaning prices vary by city based on the costs of doing business including fuel, wages, and rent. In Edmonton, Alberta the final cost for a thorough furnace and duct cleaning averages between $250-$500.
Factors That Influence the Cost of Furnace and Duct Cleaning
- Size of Your Home
- The size of your home is the most significant factor in the cost of furnace and duct cleaning. Larger homes with multiple levels will have more vents, and may have more than one furnace. Most companies price by furnace & vent count, which will lead to a higher price for larger homes.
- Age of Home
- The design of heating systems has changed over time with newer homes tending to have more cold air returns than older homes. This means there to be more ducts, and homes with more ducts will have a higher cost for cleaning.
- Additional Heating System Components
- If you have additional components as a part of your HVAC system, there is an additional fee. This may include a Heating Recovery Ventilator (found in most homes built after 2010 in Alberta) or central air conditioning coils. These things add time and work as well as cost.
- Exceptional Circumstances
- If your home has asbestos in the heating systems, you may only be able to get a partial cleaning, which will impact the price.
- If your home has had a fire or water damage, or there is a severe concern with contamination in ducts, let us know. This might mean we need to use a duct sanitizer or smoke treatment, which is at an additional cost.
- When You Want to have the Cleaning Done
- The demand for furnace & duct cleaning in Edmonton is extremely seasonal, with high demand in the fall as people want to have their cleaning done between September and November. Cost conscious consumers may consider having their cleaning done at another time of year. Then they can take advantage of low season furnace & duct cleaning prices or discounts, especially between December and March.